Withholding funds to cover corrective work

In the event of intervention by the administrator to complete or correct work relating to a building, the beneficiary must have any amount still due to the contractor retained.

Caution! You have a duty to stop all payments for future services!

Have your financial institution retain or pay into a trust account (lawyer, notary, or administrator of the guarantee) any amount that is still due for the final payment of the work.

At this stage, the administrator will be substituted for the contractor and therefore he will be responsible for having corrective work carried out or completing the work that is provided for in the original contract or any written agreement with the contractor.

afficher toutes les pages

Need help?